Hi everyone! Hope you are loving all your new or favorite essential oils that you picked up BOGO Week. Here are some of the recipes for the suggested uses we talked about last week.
Hand Sanitizer Gel
- 6 oz Aloe Vera gel
- 15-20 drops of On Guard essential oil blend.
- 1 Tbs of Vitamin E oil
- 2 Tbs grape seed oil (you can use jojoba or coconut)
- 2 Tbs. rubbing alcohol (60 percent or better. 90 is best)
1. Place essential oils, vitamin E oil, grape seed oil, and rubbing alcohol in a stainless steel bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Add aloe Vera gel and mix thoroughly again.
Hand Sanitizer Spray
2 ounce glass spray bottle
8 teaspoons of rubbing alcohol 99% is best (60 can be used)
20-30 drops On Guard essential oil
1/2 tsp of colloidal silver (optional)
Put all ingredients in glass spray bottle and shake well before every use.
8 oz glass spray bottle
4 ounces distilled water
2 ounces witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
25-45 drops Easy Air essential oil blend (depending on how strong you like it.)
1. Put witch hazel or rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.*
2. Add Easy Air.
3. Add water and shake well.
4. Lightly mist your linens.
*Because oil and water don’t mix, witch hazel or rubbing alcohol act as an emulsifier to help the ingredients combine. Always shake your linen spray before using it.
CHOCOLATE DISCS RECIPE
yield: 8 prep time: 5 MINUTES total time: 5 MINUTES
100g chocolate Milk or Dark (Be creative and use any other chocolate like ruby. You can even swirl two colours together.)
Handful of cranberries (Optional)
Handful of crushed pistachios (Optional)
5-10 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
1. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the dark chocolate (in the microwave - add a touch of coconut oil) or over a pot of simmering water.
3. Add essential oil once it cools a little bit.
4. Spoon one heaped teaspoon of the melted chocolate onto the lined tray creating round shapes.
5. Scatter the cranberries and pistachios over the top.
6. Chill for 30 minutes to set in the freezer. Keep in the fridge until needed.
DIY Massage Oil
30 ml of carrier oil
15 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
Glass bottle for massage oil
Option add your favorite citrus to help uplift as you are relaxed.
1. Pour carrier oil into the bottle.
2. Add essential oil.
3. Shake bottle to combine and enjoy.
For full body massage you may want to double or triple your recipe.
Bath Fizzies recipe
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut or olive oil
- Several drops essential oil (4-10 depending on the oil and how strong you like it)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cellophane bag/ribbon
- Mix fractionated coconut oil and essential oil together in a bowl.
- Mix baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid together in a separate bowl.
- Make an indention in the center of the mixture and drizzle the coconut oil mixture into the indentation, then mix well.
- Add water a little at a time and blend. Adding water causes the fizzing. The cornstarch works as a dry filler. You want it to absorb the water into the cornstarch as much as possible so the fizzie does not fizz while you are mixing the ingredients.
- Once blended, scoop out 1 tablespoon of mixture. Shape into balls squeezing tightly. You can also use a mold, such as a decorative cookie mold. Great activity for kids! (You can even pack the mixture into paper cups.)
- Allow to dry overnight before packaging.
- Place in cellophane bags and tie off with ribbon or use the self-sealing bags from Dollerama.
- Carrier oil to fill 80% of bottle of choice.
- Essential oil to pair: Choose from Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Frankincense, or Ylang Ylang oil
- Play with the combo of oils until you find your personal favorite.
1. Add Copaiba essential oil with other choice of essential oil to roller bottle.
2. Top of the bottle with carrier oil.
3. Apply as a unique, naturally sourced perfume. Apply to inside of wrist and to neck.
Would you like some more DIYs that would make great gifts? Now that you have an understanding how to use your BOGO oils (if not click here to read last weeks blog
) you can look at other recipes and substitute your BOGO oils into them.
Remember there are twists and turns on very road, I am here to support you on your road to renew you. Please contact me by making a comment below or using the contact tab above.